On your next trip, give some of your time…
Many of us spend our time counting down the minutes to our next vacation. But for some, working on vacation is far more rewarding than sitting on a beach. Not the kind of work that comes from your laptop, but the kind that comes from your heart — a volunteer vacation. Here we have compiled a list of different volunteering opportunities here on Tybee Island.
- The Tybee Lighthouse welcomes any and all help. Shifts can be arranged at your convenience for as little as 2 hours and as long as four. If anyone is interested please contact: Gus Rehnstrom 912.786.5801
- Tybee Island Info Hut – for info on how you can help contact Chantel Morton Tybee Island Better Home Town Coordinator at 912.786.4573
- Clean Coast is a non-profit volunteer organization which works to combat marine debris by holding monthly beach and marsh cleanups on the Georgia Coast. If interested, please click here.
- Hands On Savannah is a direct service of United Way of the Coastal Empire and is proud to be your comprehensive guide to volunteerism in the Savannah, GA area. For more information click here.
- Rising Tyde Food Pantry is just what it sounds like and it has a mission to reach out to those who live on Tybee. Food can be dropped off at the YMCA. Distribution is in the old cafeteria building right in front of the gymnasium.
- Tybee Clean Beach Volunteers meet nearly each week, usually for an hour or so, to ‘deep clean’ a stretch of beach covering from one to two beach entrances (city blocks) at a time. All equipment is provided so all you need to do is show up. Special outings can also be arranged. Visit website for more information and to connect click here.
- Tybee Beautification Association