To be able to keep Tybee such a great place to visit we are a “Pay to Park” community. Parking regulations are enforced 8AM – 8PM, 365 days a year.
FOR MAIN PARKING LOT UPDATES CLICK HERE!
Tybee is a “Pay to Park Community” in order to keep critical island services available for visitors and residents.
- Since parking is so important to keeping the island in good condition for your next visit, there are no free, public parking spaces on Tybee.
- Parking regulations are enforced 8AM – 8PM, 365 days a year. A few spots still have meters, though most parking places have been converted to Pay & Display parking.
- The mission of Tybee Island’s Parking Service Division is to support and enhance the experience of visiting Tybee Island by providing safe, accessible on-street and surface-lot parking. Staff enforces City rules, policies, regulations, and ordinances as they pertain to parking issues.
- When you park, be sure to pay the appropriate meter or locate the nearest Pay & Display Station to purchase time.
- Pay & Display Stations dispense a receipt that should be displayed securely and prominently on the dash of your vehicle.
- NEW IN 2018: Available on the Apple Store and Android Play Store, visitors can download (for free) the PARK TYB app and pay digitally using a credit card.
WHERE TO PARK:
Tybee offers many public parking sites and metered spaces for your convenience*.
Main locations are as follows:
- South Beach Parking Lots: Beachfront lots between 14th and 18th Streets, adjacent to the main beach business district and the Walter Parker Pier and Pavilion. These lots are reached by travelling down 14th Street or Tybrisa. Pay & Display Stations are used in these areas.
- North Beach Parking Lot: Beachfront lot in Fort Screven immediately across from the Tybee Island
- Lighthouse. Pay & Display Stations are used in these areas.
- Van Horne and Fort Streets: In close proximity to both Dog Parks and to River’s End Campground, it is a short walk from this lot to the river beaches or to the North Beach area near the Lighthouse. Pay & Display meter system is used.
- Dune crossovers: Most of the streets adjacent to beach access points have public parking available, either with a Pay & Display Station located on the block, or with parking meters.
Additional spaces are located throughout the Business Corridor.
Some of the streets on Tybee still have parking meters installed. All meters are now $2.00 per hour. However, some meters still only cost 25 cents per 15 minutes. In general, expect to pay $2.00/hr.
USING TYBEE PARKING PHONE APP:
Now available on the Apple Store and Android Play Store, visitors can download (for free) the PARK TYB app.
- Search PARK TYB on your device
- Download for free
- Sign Up using your phone number
- Verify your phone number with a 3 digit code sent via text message or phone call
- Create a PIN
- Add vehicle using your license plate number and state
- Pick your zone and add time to your digital meter. $2/hour with a 2 hour minimum
USING PAY AND DISPLAY STATIONS:
To Pay with Cash:
Pay and Display rates, island-wide, are 25 cents for 10 minutes. Machines will accept nickels, dimes, quarters, and dollar coins. Coin machines are conveniently located in the parking lots of 14th Street, the Strand (South Beach), along Tybrisa, and the North Beach lot. Change can also be obtained at City Hall during hours of operation.
- Insert coins in slot for time desired.
- Press print button.
- Pull receipt from slot and display on dashboard.
To Pay with Debit/Credit Card:
Minimum charge amount is $3.00 – $4.00 (depending on location).
- Press blue button (+), press again to add more time (adds $2.00 at a time.)
- When desired time is reached, press green button (P) to confirm transaction.
- Insert and remove credit card as shown on machine.
- Pull receipt from hinged slot area and display on dashboard.
You may park anywhere on the island with your receipt until your time expires. Your Pay-and-Display receipt is also honored at the meters.
Multi-day passes can be purchased at the Pay-and-Display machines by adding hours till 8:00 p.m. of the current day.
Additional days can be purchased by adding $18.00 at a time, to a maximum of three days.
Decals may be purchased from the cashier at Tybee City Hall at 403 Butler Avenue for $150.00 each and are valid for one year from month of purchase. Tybee residents whose vehicles are registered to Tax District 3 may receive a free decal by presenting the paid auto tag license receipt to the cashier at Tybee City Hall. Decals must be affixed to the driver’s side windshield to be considered valid; decals on the dash are ignored. Motorcycle decals should be placed high and visible on the right side front fork.
Vehicles with decals may park at any legal parking space, including public parking lots, at no additional charge.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to contest a parking ticket, please feel free to contact the Tybee Island Parking Services Division at City Hall by calling (912) 786-4573, ext. 135.
Tickets may be paid online at www.cityoftybee.org, by telephone at (912) 786-4573, ext. 102, or in person at City Hall. City Hall is open from 7:30 AM until 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and from 9 AM until 2 PM on Saturday.
For additional information, please visit the following web pages: