Parking on Tybee
Tybee is well loved for its beautiful beaches, swaying sea oats, scrumptious seafood and classic ocean pier. However, there is one thing on Tybee that is generally not so loved – parking. Not anymore! Beginning the summer of 2018, The City of Tybee Island debuted their new Tybee mobile parking app, making paying for parking a breeze from your beach chair. Now available on the Apple Store and Android Play Store, visitors can download (for free) the PARK TYB mobile app.
HOW TO USE THE PARK TYB PHONE APP:
- Visitors can park anywhere you see Park TYB mobile app signs & decals.
- Search PARK TYB on your device
- Download for free
- Sign Up using your phone number
- Verify your phone number with a 3 digit code sent via text message or phone call
- Create a PIN
- Add vehicle using your license plate number and state
- Pick your zone and add time to your digital meter. $2/hour with a 2 hour minimum
Meters are located at every parking spot not connected to a hotel, restaurant, shop or other business. Everyone, including locals, have to pay to park from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. seven days a week on the island. Parking is free on the island from 8 p.m. – 8 a.m. daily.
Tybee parking fees are more than just a necessity. They help preserve our seaside town by funding to:
– Keep the beaches safe and clean
– Maintain the dune cross overs to protect the dunes and provide a walkway for folks to get to the beach
– Provide mats for handicap access to the beach
– Renourish beaches
– Provide lifeguards
– Provide police patrol for the beaches
Every time you pay for parking, think about how you are helping a person with limited access enjoy the beach. Or how the dunes are kept intact with your change. Or how police and lifeguards are able to keep beach goers safe with your help.
So, there you go. Paying to park on Tybee doesn’t seem like such a bad thing after all.
All machines accept quarters, nickels, dimes and dollar coins. They also accept debit/credit cards.
These prices are in effect year-round, including weekends and holidays.
Annual decals are available for Chatham County residents at Tybee Island City Hall for $150.00 ($125.00 for those 62 or older) and are valid for one year from month of purchase. The decals must be placed on the driver’s exterior windshield in order to be valid. Motorcycle stickers are also available for the same fee and must be placed on the front forks of the bike for visibility to a parking officer.
Visitors may purchase up to 3 days with a credit card at the Pay-and-Display machines.