Tybee Island is just a short trip away from Historic Savannah, Georgia! You can reach this beautiful, barrier island in just about 20 minutes from the heart of downtown Savannah. Here are some easy directions:
Located just 15 miles from Savannah’s Historic District, the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport. Travelers can choose from seven different airlines – Air Canada, Allegiant, American, Delta, JetBlue, Sun Country or United – offering nonstop service to 23 destinations with 49 daily departures. SAV also offers a wide variety of rental car and ground transportation options. For more information visit flySAV.com.
- AIR CANADA: Daily flights to Toronto, Canada
- ALLEGIANT: Weekly flights to Baltimore, Cincinnati and Newark; and seasonal service to Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington, Louisville, and Pittsburgh
- AMERICAN AIRLINES: Daily flights to Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia, and Washington Reagan
- DELTA: Daily flights to Atlanta, New York LaGuardia, New York JFK, Detroit, and one seasonal weekend departure to Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
- JETBLUE: Daily flights to New York JFK and Boston
- SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES: Seasonal weekly flights to Minneapolis/St. Paul
- UNITED: Daily flights to Chicago O’Hare, Houston, Newark, and Washington Dulles
Click on the map below to view all direct flights from Savannah:
Drive to Tybee Island via I-95 (north/south) or I-16 (east/west), which intersect in Savannah. Tybee Island is just 20 minutes east of Savannah’s Historic District.
Exit off I-95 to I-16 East. I-16 East ends and turns into Montgomery Street. Turn right on Oglethorpe Avenue (second light). Continue to E Broad Street and turn left. Turn right on E President Street. Follow E President Street (Islands Expressway) until it reaches US-80. Keep left over overpass to merge onto US-80 East. Follow US-80 East to Tybee Island. The Tybee Island Visitor Information Center is located on the right at the first light, on the corner of US-80 East & South Campbell Ave.
Car Rental Companies:
- Avis: 912-964-1781
- Budget: 800-527-0700
- Economy Rent-A-Car: 912-352-7042
- MC Transportation: 912-786-9191
- Checker Yellow Cab: 912-236-1133
- Magikal Taxi Service: 912-897-8294
Amtrak: 912-234-2611 or 800-872-7245 or visit www.amtrak.com
Greyhound Bus Lines: 912-232-2135 or visit www.greyhound.com